Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
- The project size only includes the hardscape portion of the project.
- Projects that previously won a past HNA Award will only be accepted if the project is being considered for a new category.
- More than one project may be entered by the same applicant.
- Provide descriptions for each of the following judging criteria. Projects will not be judged on writing style, but rather information provided: (1) design (including use of color, shape, texture and pattern), (2) quality of construction and craftsmanship, (3) construction innovation, (4) compatibility with related construction materials and systems (5) goal/reason for the project and result of the project and/or testimonial for project. This statement is essential for the judges to understand all applicable circumstances and may be written by the contractor, distributor, designer or owner. Please do not include company names in this description.
- Provide a minimum of five project photos. A maximum of six photos may be submitted. Submit high-resolution digital images only (minimum 300dpi). All photos must be uploaded online. To help the judges properly evaluate the submission(s), please provide five photos that address each of the following: (1) design (including use of color, shape, texture and pattern), (2) quality of construction and craftsmanship, (3) construction innovation, (4) compatibility with related construction materials and systems, and (5) overall excellence. The sixth photo can highlight any aspect of the project.
- Complete your online entry and submit photos and project description by August 6, 2021 for early bird discounts. Entries will be accepted up to September 3, 2021 at a higher rate.
- Participants submit entries with the agreement that photos and information become the property of the ICPI, NCMA and BIA and are available for use in their publications or programs.
- Participants assume responsibility of obtaining clearance from owners on photo use and entry of a project in the competition.
Projects will be awarded up to 10 points for each of the five criteria for a maximum total of 50 points from each judge. The points awarded by each judge will be added together to calculate the entry's total points. For each award category, the project with the highest total points will be selected as the award winner and the project with the second highest total points will be awarded an honorable mention.
- Design (including use of color, shape, texture and pattern)
- Quality of construction and craftsmanship
- Construction innovation
- Compatibility with related construction materials and systems
- Goal/reason for the project and result of the project and/or testimonial for project